查看: 2686|回复: 12
1# 贡嘎山
跳转到指定楼层
 雪儿 发表于: 2011-10-13 10:08:16|只看该作者|只看大图回帖奖励|倒序浏览|阅读模式

[2011年Teen girls’ self-portraits are raw, intimate, honest

[复制链接]
The Girl Project

'Please Read (if at all possible)'

In her new book, “Please Read (if at all possible): The Girl Project,” photographer Kate Engelbrecht shares self-portraits and diary-like entries submitted by 13- to 18-year-old girls across the country. The photographs and in-their-own-words confessions reveal that, despite media portrayals to the contrary, being a teenage girl isn’t that different today than it was decades ago.

『 巴蜀网 』提醒,在使用本论坛之前您必须仔细阅读并同意下列条款:
  1. 遵守《全国人大常委会关于维护互联网安全的决定》及中华人民共和国其他各项有关法律法规,并遵守您在会员注册时已同意的《『 巴蜀网 』管理办法》;
  2. 严禁发表危害国家安全、破坏民族团结、破坏国家宗教政策、破坏社会稳定、侮辱、诽谤、教唆、淫秽等内容;
  3. 本帖子由 雪儿 发表,享有版权和著作权(转帖除外),如需转载或引用本帖子中的图片和文字等内容时,必须事前征得 雪儿 的书面同意;
  4. 本帖子由 雪儿 发表,仅代表用户本人所为和观点,与『 巴蜀网 』的立场无关,雪儿 承担一切因您的行为而直接或间接导致的民事或刑事法律责任。
  5. 本帖子由 雪儿 发表,帖子内容(可能)转载自其它媒体,但并不代表『 巴蜀网 』赞同其观点和对其真实性负责。
  6. 本帖子由 雪儿 发表,如违规、或侵犯到任何版权问题,请立即举报,本论坛将及时删除并致歉。
  7. 『 巴蜀网 』管理员和版主有权不事先通知发帖者而删除其所发的帖子。
Mad for these hatters: The best in celeb headgear Celebrity sightings
2# 四姑娘山
 楼主|雪儿 发表于: 2011-10-13 10:08:34|只看该作者
▲温馨提示:图片的宽度最好1800 像素,目前最佳显示是 900 像素,请勿小于 900 像素▲
The Girl Project

Getting an accurate picture

Engelbrecht started “The Girl Project” in 2007 and ultimately sent Kodak single-use cameras and questionnaires to 5,000 teenage girls across the United States. The questionnaires were based on the Proust Questionnaire, which has the objective of revealing a person’s true personality.

部分图片、文章来源于网络,版权归原作者所有;如有侵权,请联系(见页底)删除
3# 峨眉山
 楼主|雪儿 发表于: 2011-10-13 10:08:49|只看该作者
The Girl Project

Opening up

Young women of entirely different backgrounds, races and faiths provided handwritten answers to questions such as, “What is your idea of happiness?” “Tell me one thing about you that nobody else seems to get?” “What are you afraid of?” and “What are you most proud of?”

4# 金佛山
 楼主|雪儿 发表于: 2011-10-13 10:09:04|只看该作者
The Girl Project

'Incredibly innocent'

“The most surprising thing to come out of the project, to me, is that these girls are incredibly innocent,” Engelbrecht said. “They’re innocent in a real and beautiful way.”

5# 华蓥山
 楼主|雪儿 发表于: 2011-10-13 10:09:17|只看该作者
The Girl Project

Weighty issues

Dozens upon dozens of images sent in by girls across the United States revealed their concern with their weight and body image.

6# 青城山
 楼主|雪儿 发表于: 2011-10-13 10:09:31|只看该作者
The Girl Project

A focus on body image

“It’s amazing how common it was” for photographs to center around body-image issues, Engelbrecht said. “It sort of crosses race and ethnicity and economic background. It’s such a big part of being a young woman – which then, of course, translates into being a woman.”

7#
 楼主|雪儿 发表于: 2011-10-13 10:10:08|只看该作者
The Girl Project

Dreaming, thinking, going

In a handwritten submission featured in the book, one girl wrote: “I’m a dreamer, I’m a thinker, I want to go places, and see the world.”

8#
 楼主|雪儿 发表于: 2011-10-13 10:10:30|只看该作者
The Girl Project

They're not alone

“A lot of themes come through in the 27,000 pictures we got back,” Engelbrecht said of “The Girl Project.” “Girls are saying and thinking and going through very, very similar things. Maybe that’s not so surprising to us as adults, but I think it would be surprising to them.”

9#
 楼主|雪儿 发表于: 2011-10-13 10:10:44|只看该作者
The Girl Project

Revealing what matters

In answer to the question, “What are you afraid of?” many girls shared a deep-seated fear of loneliness. And in response to the question, “Tell me one thing about you that nobody else seems to get,” one girl wrote, “I believe I’m more experienced and intelligent than people understand.” Another wrote, “I’m tougher than I look. Seriously.”

10#
 楼主|雪儿 发表于: 2011-10-13 10:11:04|只看该作者
The Girl Project

'Looking for something special'

Many of the girls’ photographs centered on themes of love and romance. “Not sex. Love,” Engelbrecht said. “This was huge-huge-huge. There was so much there about love and being loved and the desire to give love. They’re looking for something really special, which is so contrary to how the media makes it out to be.”

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

© 2002-2024, 蜀ICP备12031014号, Powered by 5Panda
GMT+8, 2024-5-16 15:31, Processed in 0.062400 second(s), 9 queries, Gzip On, MemCache On
同板块主题的 后一篇 !last_thread! 快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表